Welcome to Overseas Maharashtrian Professionals and Entrepreneurs Group
Vision & Mission
To establish a platform for nurturing the spirit of entrepreneurship within the UK based Maharashtrian community.
- Promote entrepreneurship by creating a strong platform for collaboration.
- Create avenues for coaching and mentoring professionals as well as entrepreneurs.
- Sponsor networking opportunities to cross-pollinate ideas and also facilitate learning and growth.
- Represent Maharashtrian entrepreneurship within and outside the UK.
- Champion the cause of community advancement with leading government and non-government institutions.
- Assume the role of a conduit to augment communication with industry institutions from India in general and Maharashtra in particular.
Ideology, values and behaviours
The OMPEG encourages following ideology, values and behaviours amongst its members.
- Every individual has the potential to be an entrepreneur.
- Definition of success for every individual is different.
- Risk taking needs encouragement and support.
- Every individual can positively impact their community and society in general.
- Every individual acts with a positive intention.
- All of us can learn from each other.
- Working together brings in significant growth and joy.
Entrepreneurship | Leadership | Collaboration | Openness | Ownership | Integrity | Respect | Growth
- A member shall encourage cooperation and collaboration with other members as best possible and mutually beneficial.
- A member will make their best endeavour to share success and failure stories for the benefit and learning of other members.
- A member will participate in OMPEG events and initiatives to companion a spirit of entrepreneurship and collaboration.
- A member, whilst networking for growth will not use OPMEG only as an easy advertising front.
- A member will neither bring in their personal religious or political views in the context of OPMEG, nor will OMPEG endorse any specific views.