Welcome to Overseas Maharashtrian Professionals and Entrepreneurs Group
General Membership Information and Terms
- OMPEG membership is open to all entrepreneurs, i.e. a person running a business with 1 or more employees
- OMPEG membership is open to all professionals, i.e. either self-employed, one-person company or professionals in corporate or public sector institutions including health services
- OMPEG is a community- based organisation and our primary work is to nurture the spirit of entrepreneurship in the UK based Maharashtrian community. The key criteria will be a member’s existing or ancestral association with the state of Maharashtra, India
- As such a member need not be affluent with the native language of the state (Marathi) as long as there is a direct personal association with the state by means of birth, residence, extended business operations etc
- All our current work and events are UK based only
- All OMPEG members are expected to work collaboratively to grow this community by following OMPEG member guidelines for values and behaviours
- When applying for the membership, you will need to provide a reference from an existing/active OMPEG member. The Core Group of OMPEG reserves the right (at their discretion) to deny or cancel a membership.
- The fee will be £10 / per month. This fee will be refunded if your membership is not approved by the Core Group at the time of application.
- The fee can be paid in advance (rolling automatically) on a Monthly basis.
- General Membership (Fee based): This comprises of open membership for entrepreneurs and professionals across the UK. Please note: Those who joined OMPEG as a member on the day of its formation in 2016 are also often termed as “Chartered Members”.
- Honorary Membership (Free): This comprises of membership extended to industry leaders, academicians, donors, patrons, political leaders.
- FREE Access to OMPEG’s members only exclusive events
- FREE or subsidised booking for business expo stalls
- Preference booking in OMPEG’s open events
- Access to OMPEG’s partner / industry collaboration events, wherever possible
OMPEG FB / Twitter channels
Preference to member’s relevant posts to promote their business / events / initiatives
Access to OMPEG’s MyOMPEG app platform
- Build a new network with entrepreneurs and professionals across the UK
- Showcase your business, ventures and ideas
- Learn from industry influencers and newsmakers
- Access resources and guidance in your business or about making a transition from professional to business
- Share your pathfinder success and failure stories
- Champion an idea through an established influence group
- Enjoy personal and business growth through new learning and networking